French Shooting Range
- Shooting Prices
Archery Range (per visit) Non-Members $5 Club Members No charge Skeet & Trap (per 25 clay targets) Non-Members $7 Club Members $4 Rifle & Pistol Range (per shooter, per visit) Non-Members $10 Club Members No charge Gun Rental Shotguns $8 Glock 19 9mm (must use range ammo) $15 Bushmaster M4A3 .223 Rifle (must use range ammo) $15 Club Memberships Single Season $100 Family Season $150
Youth (under the age of 16) get $1 off Non-Member prices.
- Range Volunteers
French Shooting Range always needs volunteers to assist in shooting events or act as range safety officers. Our volunteers receive discount rates on all shooting activities and classes. To become a volunteer see one of the range employees.
- Bringing Weapons onto Fort Knox
Access to Fort Knox
All privately owned firearms are required to be registered with the installation Directorate of Emergency Services (DES) before being brought on the installation. Hours of registration at DES is Monday thru Friday 0800-1600, closed federal Holidays.
All firearms must be declared upon entry onto Fort Knox and Weapons Registration Permit verified. Firearms must be unloaded and properly stored.
Carrying concealed personal firearms on Fort Knox is strictly prohibited. State concealed weapons permits are not recognized or honored on the installation.
Procedures to register firearms
1. Obtain FK Form 2759-E.
2. Submit copy of the form and a copy of the applicant’s driver’s license to the DES Weapons Registration Office located at BLDG 298 Gold Vault Rd, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
3. Upon approval the form will be returned to the applicant and will be valid for three years. Individuals must have the registration document whenever the firearm is transported on the installation.
4. Firearms can be de-registered by submitting, in person, identification and the original registration permit to DES Weapons Registration Office located at BLDG 298 Gold Vault Rd, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
5. For more information contact the Physical Security Section of DES at (502) 624-6118 or (502) 624-6818.
- Range Rules
- All shooters and guests are required to sign in at the club house, Bldg. 9333, prior to going on to the firing line and are required to sign out before departing.
- Guns will not be loaded for Skeet or Trap until on shooting station. No more than two, (2), shells will be loaded unless on station #8 (Skeet) and then only one round per high and low house.
- The gun action will be open when not on shooting station.
- All weapon muzzles must be pointed down range at all times.
- Squad members must remain behind shooter.
- All spectators and non-shooters must remain behind the Skeet, Trap, and Rifle/Pistol Range firing pads. Only one spotter per shooter is allowed on the Rifle/Pistol firing pad.
- Only shotguns will be fired on the Skeet and Trap ranges. Slugs will not be used. Slugs are permitted only on the Rifle/Pistol Range.
- Smoking is not permitted on the firing line or in the clubhouse.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the firing range.
- Creating a disturbance, horse play, or performing an unsafe act will not be tolerated and may lead to dismissal or suspension.
- Customers are not permitted in the Skeet and Trap houses or past the firing line.
- Shooters are responsible for policing their expended shells and boxes upon completion of firing.
- Only guns less than .50 caliber are allowed on the Rifle/Pistol Range. Muzzleloaders may exceed .50 caliber. Fully automatic weapons, tracer ammunitions or rapid firing are not permitted.
- Only approved targets approved by the range are permitted.
- Anyone may call cease-fire. All shooters must acknowledge and unload their weapons, lock the bolt in the open position and place the weapon on safe before shooters are permitted to go down range and inspect or change their targets. NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED TO HANDLE A WEAPON during a cease-fire.
- Club targets on the Archery Range are not to be moved without prior approval from the staff.
- Archery targets must be placed in front of the backstop.
- Broad heads are not permitted on the Archery Range.
Hours of Operation
|Thursday||3 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||12 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
French Shooting Range, located on Fort Knox, just 25 miles south of Louisville and 12 miles north of Elizabethtown, KY, has one of the best trap, skeet and rifle ranges in the area. For the shooting enthusiasts, the facility offers a 200 yard rifle and pistol range perfect for enhancing ones marksmanship skills. The archery shooter will find 3D targets and a tower that simulate shooting from a tree stand. Our club house offers shooting supplies, pistol, rifle and shotgun rentals and an area that can be rented for social events.
The French Shooting Range offers a friendly training environment to develop personal confidence, a positive attitude, and a necessary understanding of firearms that ultimately contributes to a safe and strong local community. Our firearms instructors are experienced and certified to provide a safe and professional setting, in the classroom as well as on the shooting range. Our comprehensive training approach helps all beginning students to study, practice and remember essential rules to enjoy these skills for a lifetime. Please join us in learning the safe and responsible way to own and operate a handgun.