March 9th - 13th 8:30am-4:30pm
March 30th - April 6th 8:30am-4:30pm
- April 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th & 19th
- Participants must be at least 15 by completion of class.
- Participants must complete pre requisites.
- Participants must participate in all class activities.
- Participants must score at least an 80% on all parts of the written test.
- Participants must and perform skills correctly in skill portion of exam.
- Proof of age is required.
- Swim 300 yards continuously- (Front crawl, breaststroke).
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7–10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Two minute tread in deep water without hands.
- You are or will be of age before the end of the class.
- You are aware of the the prerequisites you MUST pass the first morning.
- Tel: +1 (502) 624-6217
- Military DSN Tel: (312)464-6217
Become a lifeguard today and learn how to save lives in more than one way! It's a rewarding opportunity you will carry with you forever.
The next classes will be held from:
Fridays 4:30pm-7:30pm, Saturdays & Sundays 8:30am-4:30pm
This class requires that:
Participants who apply to work for fort Knox Aquatics are eligible to be reimbursed for the course fee.
Registration Deadline is 24 hours before the class begins.
Register in person at Anderson Indoor Aquatics Center, or by calling (502) 624-6217.
In signing up- you must fill out a completed sign up form stating:
Failure to complete prerequisites will result in a forfeiture of $50 of the course cost.