Date: Oct 11 2019, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
This course is designed to familiarize teens with the responsibilities of babysitting and also teach skills and techniques needed for sitters to become competent and caring. Students will receive training materials, a certificate of completion and a wallet-sized babysitting course card.
- Care for children and infants
- Be a good leader and role model
- Make good decisions and solve problems
- Keep children and yourself safe
- Handle emergencies and injuries
- Become CPR certified and much more
Students are placed on the garrison-wide babysitting referral list so that parents requesting a babysitter from the CYS referral list can feel comfortable knowing that their babysitters are adequately trained to CYS standards!
Garrison policy requires that all youths 12 years old and older must pass a certied baby-sitting course to watch their sibblings. All youths 13 years old and older must pass a CPR/first aid class to baby-sit non-family members. The two-day CYS Instructional Program baby-sitting course meets all of the garrison's requirements.
- Course is open to youth ages 12 and up
- Participants must be registered with CYS
- Sign up at CYS Parent Central Services
- Families already registered with CYS may sign up online
- Tel: +1 (502)624-7413
- Military DSN Tel: (312)464-6615