- Facility capacity reductions in place: 75 customers in the facility
- No unit/formation activities permitted
- Face covering must be worn inside at all times (Exception: when authorized swimmers are in Gammon Pool. See below for additional information on Gammon Pool)
- Six feet of social distancing from others must be maintained
- Alternating pieces of equipment will not be available for use (taped off)
- Saunas off limits
- Locker rooms off limits
- Fitness classes remain closed
- 5 a.m.-9 a.m. and 3 p.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday
- 7 a.m.-12 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Open only for service member mission requirements
- Face covering must be worn when not in the pool
- Six feet of social distancing from others should be maintained
- Swim lessons remain canceled
- Maximum of six people permitted in the pool at one time, no more than one person per lane
- Changing into or out of swimwear or wet/dry clothing is not permitted in Gammon Physical Fitness Center or the pool area (locker rooms off limits). Swimmers must plan accordingly to towel off and change clothes at their room or residence
- Hours: 5 a.m.-9 a.m. and 3p.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday; 7-noon Saturdays and Sundays
- Cycling and Spin
- Step It Up
- Booty Camp and more!
- Fitness Classes
Gammon Fitness offers a variety of aerobic classes to help you obtain the body you you've always dreamed of and to stay fit once you have achieved your goals. Any authorized Fitness Center patrons 13 years old or older with a proper ID card may participate in our Aerobics Classes. No one under the age of 13 may participate.
You can sign up online in advance for your Aerobics Classes* at Gammon Fitness. It's super easy to do. First pick your class and pay for it online. Then print your receipt and bring it to Gammon Fitness to receive your required wristband. It's just that simple!
*Punch card and monthly pass holders must still sign up at Gammon Fitness. Walk-in sign ups are still available. Some classes may have limited availability. For more info, please call (502) 624-8180/4033.
- Personal Training
What is Personal Training?
Often the hardest part of getting into shape is taking the first step. Personal Training is a great place to go for starting an exercise program. This program is designed for people of all fitness levels; whether you’ve never exercised before, exercise regularly, or have a background of being an elite athlete. This program is designed to help clients design a workout plan that is individualized to their specific goals. The Fort Knox personal training team consists of Staff who are certified by a nationally accredited organization (ex: NSCA, IFA, Cooper Institute, ACE) to deliver high quality and safe fitness programs. Our policy is to provide a professional and confidential service, while helping you toward meeting your individual fitness goals.
Personal Training is the most effective way to get fit and stay fit. It continues to be a popular resource for Military members and the community at large. This service is offered to fitness center patrons who are looking for fitness advice or to develop an individualized workout program. It is also a service that provides a patron with one-on-one training. Your trainer will create and guide you through your entire workout, while providing fitness education and cuing proper technique and form. This program is an excellent opportunity to obtain assistance in meeting individual health and fitness goals. We offer these programs to the community for a substantially lower price than you will find at off-post facilities in the are.
Where is Personal Training conducted?
Currently, Personal Training is conducted at Gammon Fitness. Sessions are available by appointment only and can be tailored to fit your schedule, based on instructor availability and facility scheduling. We apologize that we cannot take walk-in appointments.
What can be included in Personal Training?
Some of the features that can be included in your Personal Training program are:
- Health Screening and Fitness Assessment
- Coordination for beginner, intermediate and advanced workouts
- Tips on motivation, adherence and goal setting
- Body composition
- One-on-one training with your personal trainer
Our Personal Trainers reserve the right to discontinue training with a client due to excessive late cancellations or if no call, no show appointments occur. Please be sure to call your trainer if you cannot make an appointment or if you need to reschedule.
Please note that, upon your initial assessment, a referral may be necessary due to the limitation of our staff to meet your specific needs.
Personal Training Prices
Type Price One 60-Minute Session $35 Five 60-Minute Session Punch Card $150 Ten 60-Minute Session Punch Card $275
All Personal Training lessons are valid for 180 days from date of purchase. Unused sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Personal Training packages are available. All sessions are by appointment only.
- Private Group Fitness Classes
Fort Knox MWR Fitness offers Private Group Fitness Classes! All classes taught by certified Personal Trainers and/or Group Exercise Instructors. We offer Private Classes for Unit PT, FRG events, team building exercises, or any other group wishing to work out and have fun! Any class offered on our Group Fitness Calendar can be tailored to meet your group's need and classes can range from 10 to 100 people. Private classes are offered from 5:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. Monday - Saturday. Reservations are required and payment must be made 24 hours in advance.
Number of Participants Price 1- 35 $50 36 - 50 $75 51+ $100
- Fitness Center Eligibility
You are eligible to patronize the Fort Knox Community Physical Fitness Centers if you meet any of the following conditions:
- You are Active Duty or a Family Member of an Active Duty Service Member
- You are Retired Military or a Family Member of Retired Military
- You are a National Guardsman or a Family Member of a National Guardsman
- You are a Reservist or a Family Member of a Reservist
- You are a Civilian Employee or a Family Member of a Civilian Employee
- You are a Retired Civilian Employee or a Family Member of a Retired Civilian Employee
- You are a visiting Federal Employee or a Family Member of a visiting Federal Employee
- You are from any other category identified in Army Regulation 215-1
Please contact your physical fitness center facility for clarification.
Family members are established as in accordance with Army Regulation 640-2 as being a lawful spouse, children under the age of 21 and unmarried, children over the age of 21 to the age of 23 who are enrolled, full-time in an institution of higher learning as long as they remain unmarried and dependent upon the sponsor for over 50% of their support.
USAGE POLICY: The center entitles you to use the following free basic services:
- Locker Rooms
- Running Tracks
- Weight Rooms
- Basketball Court Areas
- Cardio Rooms
- Racquetball Courts
We offer weight room orientation classes by appointment. Ask the front desk of your physical fitness center facility for more information. Children 12 years and under are not authorized in the Cardio Rooms, Strength Rooms, Saunas, or Steam Rooms at any time. As a family member, children and youth, 15 years old and younger, must be under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian per AR 215-1.
GUEST POLICY: Limit one (1) guest per authorized patron. A guest must be accompanied by an authorized patron and MUST LEAVE with the authorized patron. Guest must live outside a 50 mile radius of Fort Knox.
PHOTO ID CARDS: All patrons must show a valid ID card to gain access inside the Fitness Center, each visit. Authorized users who do not possess a valid ID card compatible with our computers must be issued a photo Family and MWR usage card. Visit the front desk of your physical fitness center facility for more information.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||5 a.m. - 9 a.m. 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||5 a.m. - 9 a.m. 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||5 a.m. - 9 a.m. 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||5 a.m. - 9 a.m. 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Friday||5 a.m. - 9 p.m. 3 p.m. - 7 a.m.|
|Saturday||7 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Sunday||7 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
Gammon Fitness Center reopens on May 11, 2020 with the following restrictions:
Gammon Pool reopens on May 11, 2020 with the following restrictions:
Located near the health clinic off Spearhead Division Road at building 850, Gammon Fitness Center meets your total fitness needs. The facility features 3 studio classrooms for scheduled group fitness classes, personal training programs, and a full range of fitness equipment including LifeFitness, Hammer Strength, Nautilus, functional training, TRX, and free weights, along with a wide variety of new cardiovascular equipment.
The fitness center also features newly renovated locker rooms, an indoor walking track, 25-meter indoor pool for military training, and Kids on Site is also available to parents who need childcare during their workout.
Gammon offers a wide variety of fitness classes including:
For more information on fitness classes, call (502) 624-8180.
For Gammon indoor swimming pool hours of operation, please visit the Anderson Indoor Aquatics Center webpage.