Automotive Skills and Service Center
- Open to service members, retirees, DoD civilians, contractors and their families
- Face covering must be worn inside at all times
- Six feet of social distancing from others must be maintained
- Staff will wear a face covering and gloves when inside customer vehicles and will perform CDC-recommended disinfecting procedures
- Customer waiting room remains closed o Alternating self-service bays not available
- Hours: 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday - Saturday
- Self Help Bays only on Saturday
- Full Brake Service
- Full Diagnostics
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Safety Inspections
- On-site Parts Inventory
- A full line of All-Season Tires
- 4-Tire Nitrogen Fill
- Much More
- Motorcycle Storage
Storing your bike just got easier!
Store your motorcycle or trike with us in our climate controlled storage facility.
- Authorized patron of the Automotive Skills and Service Center
- Current state registration, license plate and proof of insurance
- Must be current owner as listed on the registration and proof of insurance
Touring Bike and below: $30 per month
Trikes: $40 per month
- Service Center Pricing
Service and Repair Price Service/Safety Check $85 Battery Charge Starts at $10 Brake Repairs Estimates only after inspection Tune-ups Estimates only after inspection Computer Wheel Balance $6.50 each Mount and Balance Tires $18 each Mount and Balance - Reverse Mount $30 each Rotate and Balance (4 Tires) $28 Tire Repair (Patched) $20 each Tire Repair (Patched) Revers Mount $32 each Nitrogen Conversion $26 for 4 tires or $6.50 per tire Nitrogen Top-off $2.50 per tire General Maintenance Prices Price Minimum Service Charge $30 per hour Diagnostics $55 per hour Posted Labor Rate
Diagnostics Fees Price Remarks Check Engine Light (Emission) Scan Tool Only FREE Service Check Inspection $85 Alignment Minimum $42.50 Pre Alignment Inspection Alignment Complete $85 AC Service $85 + cost of R134A Battery Charge $12 Charging System Diagnostics $55 Cooling System Diagnostics $55 Brake Inspection Diagnostics $50 $25 off if repaired at ASSC Steering Diagnostics $55 Fuel System Diagnostics $55 Pre Trip Inspection $25 Suspension Diagnostics $55 Standard Labor Charges Price Remarks Brake Service $90 Per axle + cost of parts, estimate provided after inspection only Oil Change $16 Plus cost of oil and filter Rotate and Balance $28 Visual Brake Pad Inspection $5 Only with rotate and balance Oil Change (Diesel) $25 Customer provides oil and filter Tune Up Per estimate Estimate after inspection only Fluid Check $5 Plus fluids
A Shop Supply Fee of $5 will be applied to all repair orders of $40.
- Same-As-Cash Plans
We are happy to offer Same-As-Cash payment plans. No credit check*, no interest!
To qualify you will need a valid identification card and proof of Social Security. Just fill out our simple promissory note and provide a one-time $10 filing fee. Use this Same-As-Cash offer on brakes, suspension, tires or any service or repair that we provide to you. Plans that are available include:
- 90 Days Same As Cash Invoice total $150.00 - $500.00 - 25% down with 3 monthly payments to follow. Available to Active Duty, Retired Military, Family Members and DoD Civilians only.
- 120 Days Same As Cash Invoice total $500.05 - $1,499.95 - 20% down with 4 monthly payments to follow. Available to Active Duty, Retired Military, Family Members and DoD Civilians only.
*Must not be on the Fort Knox Bad Check list or have a previous account fall into collections to be approved.
- Mandatory Training Requirements
Attending a safety class is a mandatory requirement to utilize the self-help areas of the Automotive Skills & Service Center. This 30 minute class is offered from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday, classes will be conducted on a as needed basis, a slight delay in training may be encountered not to disrupt a class already in session. This delay will be no longer than 30 minutes or until the class in session ends. Upon completion you will be issued a DA Form 3031-1 Qualification Card which must be presented at the time of check-in for facility use. Qualification cards issued at other installations will be honored.
We apologize for any inconvenience this requirement may cause.
- Self-Help Pricing
Service Price General Maintenance Bay $4 per hour or $40.50 per day Lift Bay $6 per hour or $58.50 per day Tire Machine with Lift $7 per hour Overnight Storage $3 per night Storage Lot $3 per 24 hours Drums Turned $12.50 each Rotors Turned $12.50 each Springs Compressed $15 each Code Read FREE HVAC Evac $25 Wheel Balance $6.50 each Mig Welder $6 per hour
* All self-help work must stop 30 minutes prior to closing for cleanup.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Automotive Skills and Service Center reopens May 11, 2020 with the following restrictions:
Take a tour of our Service Center
The Fort Knox Automotive Craft Shop is a convenient, inexpensive, and professional auto service center open for all Fort Knox personnel and their Family members. We offer first-come, first-served automotive repair and service from our skilled ASE certified, on-site mechanics as well as access to proper equipment for self-help maintenance.
Our professional services include:
If you like working on your car, we have 28 bays available to perform your own maintenance and even offer classes to teach you how. To utilize self-help bays, you must complete a mandatory safety brief which includes a safety video and a review of the shop rules which takes about 30 minutes total.