Date: Mar 3, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Be part of the madness at Natcher Gym for a chance to compete for $600 in cash plus awards! Doors open at 8 a.m. with the first game beginning at 9 a.m.
48 Teams. 1 Champion.
- 1st Place:$300 + Champion Trophies + Basketballs
- 2nd Place:$200 + Medallions
- 3rd Place:$100 + Medallions
T-shirt included in registration!
- Giveaways for fans and participants
- Raffles and more
COURT MONITOR DUTIES
- The players will call all fouls and violations.
- One (1) Court Monitor assigned per court to control play and keep score.
- The Court Monitor has absolute authority to control play on his or her court, including the right to ‘sit’ a player for a period of time, eject a player(s) from a game or games, and/or eject a player(s) from the tournament. Court Monitor must check with Sport Director regarding ejection. Only questions concerning rule interpretation are appealable.
- Once play resumes after a disagreement or appeal, the decision is considered to be final. No further appeals will be allowed on that incident.
- A field goal is worth 1 point.
- A successful goal from behind a designated line (college 3-point line (approximately 20’ 9”)) is worth 2 points. The player shooting must have both feet completely behind the line when initiating the attempt.
- LOSERS-OUTS, NO make it take it. This means that the defensive team, after a converted offensive goal, shall be awarded the ball at the top of the key.
- The "check line" shall be the college 3-point arc around the court. A player must PASS the ball in play from the check line "top of the arc" after a dead ball situation (i.e. out of bounds, after a made basket, etc). On defensive rebounds, after shot attempt, the ball must be taken behind any point of the 3-point arc and the team in possession of the ball may maintain control and attempt to score.
- The following scoring rules apply: 15 points win by 2, up to a maximum of 20 points. (Example: 15-13, 18-16, 20-19).
- All games will have a 25-minute time limit. The official starting time will be recorded by the Court Monitor on the score sheet. The official time will be under the jurisdiction of the Court Monitor. (The “clock” will be stopped only during timeouts – regular and/or injury).
- The team leading at the end of 25 minutes will be declared the winner.
- If the game is tied after 25 minutes of play and no team has reached the required number of points to win the game, the will flip a coin to determine team possession. The first team to score will win the game.
Substitutions may be made after a basket or any stoppage of play. "LOSERS-OUTS" The defensive team, after a converted offensive goal, shall be awarded the ball at the top of the key.
FOULS AND FREE THROWS
- All shooting fouls will be handled in the following manner:
- When the basket is made - count the basket and whether the ensuing free throw is made or missed, possession goes to the defensive team.
- When the basket is missed - if the free throw is made, possession goes to the defensive team. If the free throw is missed, the offensive team retains possession. NOTE: One (1) free-throw will be awarded to the fouled player, even if fouled in the act of attempting a shot from behind the 2-point line.
- Non-shooting fouls - on and after the 7th team foul - will be handled in the following manner:
- If the free-throw is made – possession goes to the defensive team.
- If the free-throw is missed – the offensive team retains possession
- All free throws are dead balls.
- All technical fouls will be counted as a team foul.
TECHNICAL FOULS (Player Misconduct, Flagrant, and Intentional Fouls)
- DEFINITION: The Court Monitor may assess a Technical Foul for any misconduct, flagrant, or intentional fouls committed by a player(s). This may include:
- A Contact Foul intended to hurt an opponent, fan or Court Monitor
- Vulgar or verbally abusive behavior
- Other misconduct deemed inappropriate by the Court Monitor (e.g. intentionally kicking the ball, etc.) or
- A contact foul designed to neutralize an opponent’s obvious advantageous position.
- PENALTY: Two (2) Free Throws from the Free Throw Line (15-ft.) for one (1) point each will be awarded to the offended team. The player shooting must have both feet completely behind the line when initiating and completing the attempt.
- The Team Captain may designate the player to shoot.
- The Offended Team will retain possession of the ball whether the shots are made or missed.
- Fighting and/or ‘Throwing a Punch’ automatically results in a Technical Foul assessed against the players(s) involved. Free Throws will be awarded as described above and will result in immediate dismissal of the player(s) from the tournament.
- A Technical Foul will be counted as a Team Foul.
- Continuous misconduct, intentional and/or flagrant fouling by a team or player may result in dismissal from the game or tournament at the discretion of the Court Monitor AND Sports Director.
$60 per team (max 4 players to a team)
Register online or in person at Leisure Travel Services.
- Register early! 48 maximum number of teams can enter the single elimination tournament.
- Register by February 28 to guarantee a t-shirt
- Register online or in person at Leisure Travel Services.
- Registration is open to all eligible ID card holders 18 and older.
NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION
- Tel: +1 (270) 272-4873