- COVID-19 Restrictions
The Hansen Consignment Store is open with the following restrictions:
- Open to service members, retirees, DoD civilians, contractors and their families
- Facility capacity reductions in place: Limited to 5 customers in the facility
- Face covering must be worn inside at all times
- Six feet of social distancing from others must be maintained
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 11 AM - 1 PM. (No Wednesday evening consignments until further notice).
- ALL CLOTHING must be freshly washed and all other items wiped/sprayed with sanitizer.
* We reserve the right to turn items away that do not meet above standards.
- Consignment Information
The Hansen Consignment Store makes it very easy to consign items. The price of each item to be consigned will be determined by you with the help of our staff.
Who can consign at Hansen Consignment Store?
- Military personnel including Active Duty, Reservists, National Guardsmen, retirees and their Families.
- Civilian employees of Fort Knox
- Fort Knox contractors (with valid CAC card)
- Retired civilian employees of Fort Knox
Limit one consignment account per family. Of course, you may also drop off unwanted items as well. Unwanted items are taken at all times during normal hours of operation.
Conditions of Consignment
- Consignors (ONE ACCOUNT PER FAMILY) must present a valid military ID, and can bring up to 24 items per consignment day. Only six adult and six kids clothing items and two like items per category each consignment day. Make sure to check the store for weekly exclusion list and other posting.
- Sale price of items is set by the owner/consignor. The minimum price of a consigned item is $1.00. The consignment store will add 40% to the consignor’s prices for the store commission fee. The agreed price of the item will remain the same unless the owner voluntarily reduces it during the period of consignment. The consignor has until the 15th of the month that the contract expires to mark their items down one time. No markdowns during consignment hours.
- All items need to be in clean and working condition (no broken items accepted). All clothing must be stain-free, with all buttons, and no rips or tears. Shoes must be in like-new condition. If after consignment such items are found consignees will be given two weeks for pickup. After that date the items will be discarded. All electronics and battery operated items must be clean, not missing any parts, and in proper working order. Games and puzzles must be complete. Books, CD’s, magazines, etc. must be bundled prior to consignment.
Uniforms will be accepted at any time. All insignia, ribbons, patches, nametags etc. must be removed.
- Items will stay on consignment for up to 90 days. Regardless of when during the month, items are consigned they will expire at the same time. (e.g., anything consigned during the month of January will expire the last working day of March) All holiday/seasonal items must be picked up right after that holiday.
- Consignors must CALL before bringing any furniture or large floor items to verify if the consignment store has room to accept the item(s). Furniture can be re-consigned for 1 extra 30 day consignment period at a lower price than the last posted price. A $3.00 re consignment fee will be charged. (The withdrawal fee still applies.)
- Consignor may withdraw any of their items at anytime by paying a handling fee of 20% or $1.50, whichever is smaller, per item withdrawn. Any item not sold or withdrawn before or on the expiration date of the contract will automatically become consignment store property.
- Checks will be available after the 15th of every month. The checks cut will be for items that were sold the month prior (e.g., a check dated January is for items that were sold in the month of December). A valid ID must be presented to pick up checks. For anyone leaving post prior to contract expiration must leave three self-addressed, stamped envelopes with a consignment store cashier. Those checks will then be mailed out each month until the termination of the contract(s).
- Any and all unclaimed checks, 90 days past the issued date posted on the check, will become consignment store property. The proceeds will go to the consignment store and checks CANNOT BE REISSUED!
- Consignments normally are closed on 4th July, the week of Thanksgiving, two weeks over Christmas and New Year’s; however, NO extra consignment day will be added to the contract.
Please do NOT call about items sold or checks! Due to privacy policies we are unable to give out any such information over the phone.
Articles are placed on consignment at the owner's risk. The consignment store does NOT assume any responsibility for the loss, damage or destruction of any items placed on consignment.
The following items will NOT be accepted at any time for consignment:
- Any Car Parts
- Cell Phones
- Cordless Phones
- Computer Items (i.e., keyboards, mouse, monitors, etc.)
- Any Liquids (i.e., oils, gas, flammables, lotions, perfumes, any paints)
- Car Seats
- Breast Pumps
- VHS Tapes
Month Special Notes January Last month for winter clothing and shoes/boots February Spring/summer clothing and shoes
St. Patrick's Day items/Easter items*
March - May Live Plants July Last month for summer clothing and shoes August Fall/Winter Clothing & Shoes/Boots
September Fall/Thanksgiving items* October Christmas items* December Valentine items*
Schedule is seasonal and subject to change. For items that are not listed or for other exclusions, please call the store. Limit two seasonal items per day. Regular withdrawal fees apply. Consigners may bring up to 24 items per consignment day. Only two like items each day unless otherwise specified. This policy is subject to change without notice. Please call us before attempting to bring large furniture items due to space availability.
*All seasonal items must be picked up right after the holiday.
Day Time Wednesday 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. or
5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Friday 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. On days of the month wherein the last day falls on Wednesday. No consignments accepted. Consignment Store closes at 4 p.m. on this day.
Hansen Consignment Store, located inside the Hansen Community Center, offers items for sale that include military and civilian clothing, fashion accessories, toys and items for infants and children, household appliances, furniture, electronics and more. If you have any of these items that you have outgrown or no longer need, you may turn them into cash by consigning them with us or just drop them off.