- Facility capacity reductions in place: 50 customers in the facility
- No unit/formation activities permitted
- Face covering must be worn inside at all times
- Six feet of social distancing from others must be maintained
- Alternating pieces of equipment will not be available for use (taped off)
- Saunas off limits
- Locker rooms off limits
- Fitness classes remain closed
- Hours - Otto: 5 a.m.-9 a.m., 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Fitness Center Eligibility
You are eligible to patronize the Fort Knox Community Physical Fitness Centers if you meet any of the following conditions:
- You are active-duty or a Family member of an active-duty service member
- You are retired military or a Family member of retired military
- You are a National Guardsman or a Family member of a National Guardsman
- You are a Reservist or a Family member of a Reservist
- You are a DA Civilian or a Family member of a DA Civilian
- You are a retired DA Civilian or a Family member of a retired DA Civilian
- You are a visiting federal employee or a Family member of a visiting federal employee
- You are from any other category identified in Army Regulation 215-1
Please contact your physical fitness center facility for clarification.
Family members are established as in accordance with Army Regulation 640-2 as being a lawful spouse, children under the age of 21 and unmarried, children over the age of 21 to the age of 23 who are enrolled, full-time in an institution of higher learning as long as they remain unmarried and dependent upon the sponsor for over 50% of their support.
USAGE POLICY: The center entitles you to use the following free basic services:
- Locker Rooms
- Running Tracks
- Weight Rooms
- Basketball Court Areas
- Cardio Rooms
- Racquetball Courts
We offer weight room orientation classes by appointment. Ask the front desk of your physical fitness center facility for more information. Children 12 years and under are not authorized in the cardio rooms, strength rooms, saunas, or steam rooms at any time. As Family members, children and youth, 15 years old and younger, must be under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian per AR 215-1.
GUEST POLICY: Limit one guest per authorized patron. A guest must be accompanied by an authorized patron and MUST LEAVE with the authorized patron. Guest must live outside a 50 mile radius of Fort Knox.
PHOTO ID CARDS: All patrons must show a valid ID card to gain access inside the Fitness Center, each visit. Authorized users who do not possess a valid ID card compatible with our computers must be issued a photo Family and MWR usage card. Visit the front desk of your physical fitness center facility for more information.
Otto Fitness Center reopens on May 11, 2020 with the following restrictions:
Otto Fitness Center is located at 6591 Abel St. The facility features multiple basketball and volleyball courts, saunas, locker rooms, a wide variety of new cardiovascular equipment, and a new strength performance zone that focuses on human performance and functional fitness. The strength performance zone includes rigs from Hammer Strength and Rogue, power racks and platforms, plyometric boxes, and non-motorized cardiovascular equipment. The facility also features spacious locker rooms.