Child & Youth Program Assistants Hiring Fair
Come start your rewarding career with CYS!
Start your CYS Career Today!
Ready to start a new career as a Child & Youth Program Assistant (Caregiver) with great pay and benefits*? How does a $200 recruitment bonus upon appointment to the position sound PLUS a $500 retention bonus* at the six month mark?
Pay is between $16.70 and $18.76
CYS employment also comes with:
- Career Progression
- Training tied to salary increases and promotions
- Access to Childcare
- Flexible Work Hours – Flex 10 positions (a minimum of 10 hours per week)
Qualifications and Conditions:
- Must be at least 17 years old, a dependent of a Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee and in pursuit of a high school diploma, OR must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma/GED
- Communicate effectively in English (written & orally)
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment and background checks
- Health assessment and immunizations
- For positions in Child Development Centers, possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
*Benefits: Employees in Flexible appointment categories are ordinarily not eligible for participation in additional benefits (401k, life, medical, and retirement), however upon satisfying specific work-hour criteria may be eligible for medical coverage participation.
*Recruitment and retention bonus: A $200 recruitment bonus will be paid to the newly hired/rehired applicant upon appointment to the position. An $500 retention bonus will be paid to the employee after 6 months of satisfactory employment. Eligibility for these incentives and bonus will be applicable to newly hired individuals selected from this Fair only.
Request applicants bring the following documents to the CYS Hiring Fair:
- Supporting Documents for Preference or Priority Consideration, if applicable (e.g., Military Spouse Orders/PCS Orders, DD 214, etc.)
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card
Interviews will be conducted during between 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Hansen Center, 1053 Spearhead Division Ave, on July 13, 2022 at the job fair site. If selected, the local HR Office may need the applicant to complete pre-employment consent forms, complete fingerprinting and/or schedule a physical prior to leaving the job fair.
For more information:
Please call (502) 624-3232 or text (270) 272-7184.